YZ brakes have faded.

6 replies to this topic
  • Zabrow187

Posted February 15, 2015 - 03:39 PM

When I first got my YZ the brakes performed amazingly. I could do stoppies with little to no effort, and the lever feel was tight. Now, for some reason, My brakes have lost their umph and while they still stop me, the original strength isn't there anymore. I thought my pads were glazed or had maybe gotten some oil on them so I swapped my pads for a new set EBC sintered pads, and bled my brakes. The feel is still the same, squishy with no firm grab. I am going to take off my rotor and have it media blasted, but what else can I look at as a cause for a loss on brake power?

• Goforaride

Posted February 15, 2015 - 05:04 PM

If the lever is "squisy" its either air it the line or the line its self has failed.

• Goforaride

Posted February 20, 2015 - 07:19 PM

If the lever is "squisy" its either air it the line or the line its self has failed.

get it figured out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zabrow187

Posted February 21, 2015 - 02:32 PM

I checked my brake line and have no indication that it has failed, and I also tried back bleeding the system but still no luck.  I think I am going to order a stainless cable and see if that helps.

• Goforaride

Posted February 21, 2015 - 09:21 PM

I checked my brake line and have no indication that it has failed, and I also tried back bleeding the system but still no luck. I think I am going to order a stainless cable and see if that helps.

Ya I bet it will

• Zabrow187

Posted March 11, 2015 - 08:57 AM

Ya I bet it will

I finally got my SS brake cable, that was it. I guess my other cable was just toast.

• GHILL28

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:31 AM

My stock cable was toast in less than 15 hours.  SS line fixed that right up.

The stock pads aren't particularly stiff either.

I've also read that some of the older calipers were a lot stiffer, but heavier.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.