Gas leak

2 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted February 14, 2015 - 05:03 PM

I was riding my 09 wr450 doing mostly wheelies and it started puttering so I stopped to let it idle but it died, I looked under the bike and there was gas leaking. I pushed it back to my garage and opened the gas cap(I had filled it up completely earlier) and it hissed as I opened it. I let it sit for about 30-45 mins with the cap sitting not tight on and it started up fine. Anyone know what could have caused this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iggs

Posted February 14, 2015 - 07:46 PM

I read someone's post who had similar symptoms and it was due to the gas getting hot and boiling

Do you have a standard tank?

• Snrub0800

Posted February 14, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Yes it's all stock, I actually found something and they said it had to with the one way valve on the gas cap. So I removed the valve and will try it tomorrow.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.