Help With Choosing A Used WR450F (Looking at it in less than 12 hours)

1 reply to this topic
  • mxrider98

Posted February 13, 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy a 2008 WR450F with 10000kms on it.

First of all it has had new plastics which are black (don't think these bikes come black from the factory), it has a black clutch cover, water pump cover and flywheel cover. It has a GYTR Full system.

The bike looks really clean and I have been told It has done a lot of city riding.

The Guy is asking $4000 AUD but said he is negotiable on the price.

Do you think 10000kms is too much?

Do you think it is a good deal?

Any help would be appreciated:)

P.S. Can email you a photo of it on request so you can help me further

Edited by mxrider98, February 14, 2015 - 01:33 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted February 14, 2015 - 04:34 AM

2008 models were the first year to have black clutch and stator covers

10K km's is about 6K miles so depending upon how its been looked after & ridden it could be fine or a basket case

My bike has got 8K miles (13K km's) and is fine coz I look after it

The motor has a good rep for being reliable and durable but if its been run low on oil ......

No real things to look out for except perhaps the chin slider wearing through the top of the swingarm - lift the top run of the chain slider up and have alook at the swingarm

All the usual things apply - wheels bearings,suspension bearings

The bike doesn't really have any known major faults

road riding can damage the transmission due to the lack of cush drive in the rear wheel - these bikes are designed to be use don the dirt

Edited by GuyGraham, February 14, 2015 - 04:36 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.