Dies while idle

4 replies to this topic
  • Smedes03crf450

Posted February 13, 2015 - 12:29 PM

I just got a 01 wr426 and runs great and everything but if it idled for more than a minute or so is just dies

• ThumpMe

Posted February 13, 2015 - 12:46 PM

Sounds like it could have the start of a plugged up idle jet or maybe some garbage in the float bowl.

Is the gas fresh? Might try running some Seafoam or Startron through it but if it is garbage in float bowl will probably need to be opened up and cleaned out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smedes03crf450

Posted February 13, 2015 - 09:17 PM

Okay yeah it's all new gas I'll try sea foam then if that dosnt do it I'll clean the carb

• ThumpMe

Posted February 14, 2015 - 09:02 AM

One more thing you might want to check is that your decompression lever cable has a little slack in it when turned BOTH directions.

I JUST went through this yesterday!

Seems I bumped or somehow got my decompression lever turned up a little on the handlebar and it used up the little bit of slack in the cable. Then as the bike was sitting there warming up the handlebars would slowly turn to one side from vibration of motor. It would then pull slightly on the decompression release and kill the motor.  

• Smedes03crf450

Posted February 14, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Oh okay yeah I'll check that out too thank you

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.