Changing Oil

6 replies to this topic
  • mikea890

Posted February 11, 2015 - 12:11 PM

I'm new with having a four stroke i have a 09 yz 450f going to do my first oil change is their more then one  drain plug or just the one on the bottom and their is 3 bolts for the oil filter housing correct thanks ahead of time

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2015 - 12:19 PM

I'm new with having a four stroke i have a 09 yz 450f going to do my first oil change is their more then one  drain plug or just the one on the bottom and their is 3 bolts for the oil filter housing correct thanks ahead of time

Read: (from the Common Threads Topic)

http://www.thumperta...9-model-yz450s/

• mikea890

Posted February 11, 2015 - 01:44 PM

ok thanks for the so where are the two drain plugs im clueless

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2015 - 02:05 PM

You clearly did not read the post.

• mikea890

Posted February 11, 2015 - 03:00 PM

I read that post I clearly don't see the drain plugs om my bike I understand what ur saying what head size are the plugs thanks or a picture would be great thanks

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2015 - 04:11 PM

Quotes from the post:

3. Remove the drain bolt from the left side below the ignition cover. This drains the "tank" section Replace the bolt and the dipstick.

5. Remove the drain bolt from the crankcase, located behind the right side frame rail on the bottom rear corner of the transmission, angled straight out toward the frame. Replace when it finishes draining.

Both are 12mm heads, and should have copper washers behind them.  Download the manual from the link included in the write up, and it will have pictures.

• mikea890

Posted February 12, 2015 - 01:19 PM

thanks i found them lol i had to take off my skid plate to find the one bolt lol

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.