Can't find a Service Manual WR450F 2012-now

12 replies to this topic
  • iggs

Posted February 09, 2015 - 11:43 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of a downloadable copy of the service manual for 2012 onwards WR450s

I've searched and can't find one

It needs to be downloadable as I won't find any other way out here

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

• Slow and Jerky

Posted February 10, 2015 - 03:16 AM

Give this a try

http://www.yamaha-mo...uals/index.aspx

• iggs

Posted February 10, 2015 - 03:53 AM

Yes found those but its just the owner handbook

• William1

Posted February 10, 2015 - 08:58 AM

www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/lib/download.php?f=1DX-28199-20.pdf

• iggs

Posted February 11, 2015 - 02:32 AM

www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/lib/download.php?f=1DX-28199-20.pdf

Again just an owners manual

I have a printed service manual but its in Italian :/

• William1

Posted February 11, 2015 - 04:33 AM

The owners manual  IS the service manual

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iggs

Posted February 11, 2015 - 04:39 AM

OK, I've found manuals available for purchase here http://www.yamahapubs.com/index.do

Category: Motorcycle

Year: 2014

Family: WR450F

Model: WR450FE

2014  WR450FE  Owner's Service Manual  LIT-11626-27-08

$79.00

But its a hard copy in the states so difficult. Good as a last option I guess

• mch

Posted February 11, 2015 - 07:00 AM

The owners manual  IS the service manual

I haven't looked at the links you supplied because they are blocked at my work.  I believe I did some searching in the past, and the owner's manual for download was not the same as the owner's service manual that comes with the bike when purchased (at least what we get in the states).  It was an owner's manual that included some basic service tasks like changing oil, but that was it. 

I'd love to find a digital copy, because my book seems a bit ragged after 2.5 years.

• iggs

Posted February 11, 2015 - 07:28 AM

I haven't looked at the links you supplied because they are blocked at my work. I believe I did some searching in the past, and the owner's manual for download was not the same as the owner's service manual that comes with the bike when purchased (at least what we get in the states). It was an owner's manual that included some basic service tasks like changing oil, but that was it.

I'd love to find a digital copy, because my book seems a bit ragged after 2.5 years.

It seems there are actually 3 documents

The Owners Manual - this is the document easily available for free in PDF format via the links shared above. Contains new user info and very very basic settings along with a load of warnings not to be dumb.

The Owners Service Manual - this is the one available for purchase at $79 detailed in my post. I think I have a Spanish or Italian copy of this part # 1DX-28199-SC. It pretty detailed with exploded diagrams including part numbers and torque settings.

The Service Manual - I believe this is a detailed workshop manual for technicians. Spanish/Italian copy I have could be this. It's certainly looks technical enough but I can't tell what it's saying so have no idea the level it is pitched at

• mch

Posted February 11, 2015 - 07:49 AM

Owners service manual I got with the bike has everything needed to cover about everything to include rebuilding the motor. I did notice that it does not cover servicing the shock, so another manual may cover things like that.

• iggs

Posted February 11, 2015 - 07:53 AM

Owners service manual I got with the bike has everything needed to cover about everything to include rebuilding the motor. I did notice that it does not cover servicing the shock, so another manual may cover things like that.

Sounds like I have the Spanish or Italian version then. I'd love an english version :-(

I'll try the local dealer but they bring in mainly YZs so don't hold out much hope

I do know of some other WRs heading this way, maybe I can get an English version in there with them but they are going to be quite a while yet

I wonder what is in the $79 version?

Edited by iggs, February 11, 2015 - 07:56 AM.

• iggs

Posted February 11, 2015 - 08:05 AM

I did notice that it does not cover servicing the shock, so another manual may cover things like that.

I can see in this non English manual that it covers everything except the servicing of the pressurised cylinder. Is it Nitrogen in there? I guess it's not serviceable (and probably hazardous due to pressure) without special tooling.

• mch

Posted February 11, 2015 - 09:19 AM

I can see in this non English manual that it covers everything except the servicing of the pressurised cylinder. Is it Nitrogen in there? I guess it's not serviceable (and probably hazardous due to pressure) without special tooling.

Yes, it's Nitrogen under (145 or so) psi and special tooling required.  I made my own refill tool with everything costing about $300 U.S. (Nitrogen Tank, Regulator, Hoses, couplers, needle and zero loss chuck tool, pressure gauge, etc.) .  From what I remember, the manual doesn't cover anything regarding service to the shock (change oil, and add Nitrogen).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.