wr450f throttle stop and cold start

2 replies to this topic
  • blueridgehb

Posted February 09, 2004 - 07:58 PM

i have a wr450f 2003 / left over got a good deal. so far i opened up the exhaust and air box , dont think i will do the grey wire thing . but on the throttle stop i saw in here to buy one for a yz 450 . the only difference i can tell is the length , has anyone just ground one down and if so how short do i make it ? also it is a bear to start cold i do keep a 1amp charger on the battery at times to keep it fully charged seems to help but has anyone got a trick to start it cold ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5spoke

Posted February 09, 2004 - 08:18 PM

What I've learned is....good jetting = easy starting. (Thanks Indy)

Cut throttle stop down until carb slide is fully open...around 19mm.

More Air (exhaust/airbox open) = more fuel needed.

Why not do the grey wire? It takes less than a min.

• RaphFoFiddy

Posted February 09, 2004 - 09:12 PM

has anyone just ground one down and if so how short do i make it ? also it is a bear to start cold i do keep a 1amp charger on the battery at times to keep it fully charged seems to help but has anyone got a trick to start it cold ?

As far as the Throttle stop I lopped off the "shiney part"
as I was Not told to do by the people who didn't sell me the bike :) as for the starting, same exact problem and I did have it rejetted and still not a big fan of e-start but 3-7 kicks later she's alive. really should be as easy as one kick over though

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.