2012 450 spark plug

3 replies to this topic
  • little_rob

Posted February 07, 2015 - 02:49 PM

going thru my 2012 wr450 for the upcoming riding season. new tire. new grips. new plug.  clean, lube and adjust everything.  here's what I found.  my question is has anybody seen or had this issue and what did you do to correct it.  old plug placed next to new plug for refference

Attached Thumbnails

• 019.JPG

Edited by little_rob, February 07, 2015 - 02:51 PM.

• stevethe

Posted February 07, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Make sure your drain hole is open and put a new plug in it. Start the bike after washing and let it warm up then shut it off.

Edited by stevethe, February 07, 2015 - 02:53 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 07, 2015 - 07:34 PM

Gotta run it for 5 min after a wash

Use anti-sieze on the new plug threads....

• GuyGraham

Posted February 08, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Due to the design (cam chain on left side) the drain hole is on the right hand side of the cylinder head

If you wash you bike and then put it on the side stand the water doesn't drain out

Either run the bike as stated above, or spray some WD40/GT85 down the drain hole and crucially tip the bike over to the right hand side so the spark plug well can drain.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.