2015 yz450f rad fan

12 replies to this topic
  • dehavilland

Posted February 05, 2015 - 04:11 PM

I have a 2015 yz450f that I am riding almost exclusively in the woods, Including some pretty tight and gnarly low speed stuff. Just wondering if anyone on here has mounted a rad fan on the newer generation yz's. I am mostly curious if the stator has the power to spare to run the fan. Thanks in advance.

• Monk

Posted February 05, 2015 - 04:28 PM

Through much researching, yes a fan can be mounted and the stator provides more then enough power, but... No mounting points provided nor a switch or thermostat. It's all on you to make it work...

• ranam

Posted February 07, 2015 - 04:06 PM

I am very intrested in this thread. I to enjoy bouncing around through woods untouched hillsides. There comes a point where i know if i had a fan i would flip a switch and turn it on. Im smart enough to mount a fan and switch but thats it. Where do i wire it and what fan to use? On my 07 YZ

Edited by ranam, February 07, 2015 - 04:07 PM.

• Gunner354

Posted February 07, 2015 - 04:17 PM

I have a 2015 yz450f that I am riding almost exclusively in the woods, Including some pretty tight and gnarly low speed stuff. Just wondering if anyone on here has mounted a rad fan on the newer generation yz's. I am mostly curious if the stator has the power to spare to run the fan. Thanks in advance.

We've been running Evans coolant for a few years now. It's different than any other being it's waterless. The ambient boil point is 374*.

• yzUSMCf

Posted February 09, 2015 - 08:45 PM

I was thinking you can order the parts off a 2015 wr250f fan thermostat wiring harness and bolt it on?

• byz250F

Posted February 09, 2015 - 09:59 PM

ya order the right side 2015 yz250fx radiator that has the fan mounts on it.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torkd14

Posted February 10, 2015 - 12:13 PM

I've seen some guys get power from their GYTR power tuner port for lights and hand warmers with stock stators. I'm no wiring genius but I'm sure a guy could figure it out. 

I put a cylcops adventure sport LED light bar on my 2011 YZ450 and it came with a wiring harness and switch that I'm pretty sure gets power between the ECU and stator. I tried to see if they sell the harness separate but it doesn't appear they do.

A fan would be a great idea, it would be awesome if bikes without batteries came with an auxiliary power port for accessories like lights and fans.  

• yzUSMCf

Posted February 10, 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yeah my bike gets hot in the desert on tight tech trails
I'm waiting to see someone do it :lol:

• yzUSMCf

Posted February 10, 2015 - 12:30 PM

https://www.yamahapa...an-kit?b=Search

It would be cheer to get some aluminum tabs welded on to your existing radiator.

• grayracer513

Posted February 10, 2015 - 12:49 PM

ya order the right side 2015 yz250fx radiator that has the fan mounts on it.  

There's a good idea... The fan would fit, and then all you'd need to do is figure out how get the radiator to fit the bike, and how to make the engine get along with the smaller radiator.  :rolleyes:

• Mutley53

Posted February 10, 2015 - 06:23 PM

There's a good idea... The fan would fit, and then all you'd need to do is figure out how get the radiator to fit the bike, and how to make the engine get along with the smaller radiator. :rolleyes:

It would likely work. The YZ250F and YZ450F use the same radiators. The same left is also used on the new YZ250FX and WR250F. The right on the FX and WR are a new p/n, likely just because of the fan mount.

• grayracer513

Posted February 10, 2015 - 07:32 PM

You never know...

But, for $300, I could make the fan fit.

• WouldsAssassin

Posted February 12, 2015 - 07:10 PM

I've ridden a lot of pretty nasty stuff on my 2011 and haven't had a problem with boiling the coolant. Yes it's boiled but never a problem.

I also rigged up a PC fan and surface mount thermostat for about $25. I had some trouble with the mounting and never got the fan to turn on afterward but I don't feel like I needed it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.