Newbie questions

1 reply to this topic
  • XrFreakXr

Posted February 09, 2004 - 01:36 PM

First of all, what's jetting and how can i tell what mine is at. Second, if I mod the air box on my xr600r do i need to mod anything else(ie jetting)? I've seen people cut open a small square on the side and then glued a screen to prevent most dirt from getting in. Should i go ahead and do this, and is it really worth it? BTW if u guys would share any other inexpensive mods i'd like to hear them. Thanks in advance. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted February 09, 2004 - 09:45 PM

Jetting controls how much fuel is let into the engine. Go to 4strokes.com that site has some great articles in the tech section on jetting and how carbs work. If you mod the airbox to let in more air and the exhaust to be less restrictive you need to re jet. It's not that hard to do. I did my 650 and it's the first time I've ever done it. The guys in this forum can walk you through about anything you need to do. They helped me alot. Good luck and welcome to TT.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.