Tuner worth it?

7 replies to this topic
  • Zackdocks

Posted February 03, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Does the woods map help a lot getting the fi bikes to smooth out the power at low rpm? Not talking about the jerkiness I just find myself having to be super careful with the throttle in trails, which wears me out pretty quick. Worth the $250? Already done the fww, and saving some cash for the Injectioneering mod despite the supposed risks of not getting the throttle body back

• Dune Ready

Posted February 03, 2015 - 08:48 PM

Yes! It makes a big differenc . I change maps depending on mud or dry. Etc

• Bremer120

Posted February 04, 2015 - 12:26 AM

Keep checking ebay. I waited and found mine for $150. I'm sure you could get one for around that.

• Zackdocks

Posted February 04, 2015 - 09:27 AM

Ok thanks guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zackdocks

Posted February 16, 2015 - 09:37 AM

I picked up a used tuner off craigslist for $175 canadian, loaded up the less hit map and headed out. What a difference! Awesome now. Less jerky too, I don't think I'll bother with the injectioneering mod at this point, although I'll have to try riding at Mcnutt again before I decide on that. Thanks for the advice guys

• YzCas

Posted February 16, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Yes the tuner is 100 percent worth it you can tune your bike among other things to your bike.

• nate896

Posted March 06, 2015 - 09:54 PM

Does anyone have that woods map handy ? For an 11 450. Thanks in advance!

• Keeponchuggin

Posted March 08, 2015 - 09:17 PM

It's listed under the yz450 technical section it's one of the first threads lots of good maps there

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.