Magura clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • Dexter42

Posted February 02, 2015 - 09:57 PM

I tried the search bar but dint find much on yzf's and hydraulic clutches. I have an opportunity to obtain one for really cheap and wanted to know if they are worth the trouble or if it's not worth messing with it. Seem like not a lot of yzf owners have these, is that for a reason?? I seen more wr guys that have installed them. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1422942904.695453.jpg

It seems like it's missing one of these ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1422942981.218332.jpg

Anything else that anyone else sees missing? Also does this even fit my bike? 13yz450f.. Thanks for any help.

• Dexter42

Posted February 03, 2015 - 08:38 AM

Meeting up with the dude today and was hoping to have some insight or things to look for if this would work for my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2015 - 12:12 PM

I don't see any point in them except for the fact that a hydro clutch actuator is self adjusting as to free travel.  The clutch pull on a YZ just isn't stiff enough to get any other benefit from it.

• Dexter42

Posted February 03, 2015 - 12:18 PM

I don't see any point in them except for the fact that a hydro clutch actuator is self adjusting as to free travel. The clutch pull on a YZ just isn't stiff enough to get any other benefit from it.

I was just looking for the benefit of and easier clutch pull, also I would never pay full price for one but at $40 for this one I was just curious to try it. If i dint like it, I could always sell it or that's my train of taught anyways... I do like the feel of a KTM hydraulic clutch pull and really I wanted to see if I could obtain that from this..

• Dexter42

Posted February 06, 2015 - 02:56 PM

I was just looking for the benefit of and easier clutch pull, also I would never pay full price for one but at $40 for this one I was just curious to try it. If i dint like it, I could always sell it or that's my train of taught anyways... I do like the feel of a KTM hydraulic clutch pull and really I wanted to see if I could obtain that from this..

Does anyone currently run this hydro clutch set up? Looking for some advice on install.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.