2002 yz426 handling setup

2 replies to this topic
  • kayakingcallum

Posted February 01, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hi I've been having some issues with my yz426 , the front constantly pushes in the corners , and doesn't track at all over soft, uneven ground - it just wobbles everywhere . On hard surfaces its great though .  My sag is set to 100mm and it's running good new tyres  (metzeler 6 days front , maxis max cross it rear )  . forks are down 15mm in the triple clamps . 
I'm 6'7" tall and about 260 lbs weight ,

Is there anything i can do to improve front end grip ?  and is it worth /possible to lower the pegs , fit higher bars to help get better geometry for my height ? i have stock pegs and stock height renthal bars on at the moment . 

Thanks for any advice , Im in south wales -uk , and there is nowhere reasonably nearby i can find to take it for a setup . 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kayakingcallum

Posted February 01, 2015 - 09:17 AM

I should add it's mostly trail , enduro , and riding old quarries ,  not much on mx tracks 

Edited by kayakingcallum, February 01, 2015 - 09:17 AM.

• xy500

Posted February 01, 2015 - 05:34 PM

Have you resprung for your weight?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.