Wr426 Carb Jetting Help

5 replies to this topic
  • elmore55

Posted January 30, 2015 - 10:17 PM

Alright so finished my wr426 rebuilt the carb completely, the right way. I have an MSR fuel screw, stock exhaust, open air box. Im getting a really bad popping when revving, but not on decel? Possibly an exhaust leak or gas starvation? I've tried adjusting my mixture and such but nothing seems to help.

What is the best jetting set up to run? Located in OH so elevation is about 500-800ft.

Any suggestions are helpful, I know this is answered a lot.

Thanks.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 31, 2015 - 03:29 PM

More info needed

When does it pop, throttle positon and rpm?

Most likey electrical by your description (plug, cap, coil, ground, etc)

Fuel screw is for idle only.

The best jetting is in the FAQ data base

All depends on how your bike is set up

• elmore55

Posted February 01, 2015 - 06:17 PM

More info needed

When does it pop, throttle positon and rpm?

Most likey electrical by your description (plug, cap, coil, ground, etc)

Fuel screw is for idle only.

The best jetting is in the FAQ data base

All depends on how your bike is set up

It pops around 1/2 throttle, but when riding it doesnt bog or anything and I dont feel any power loss. Pops on decel also but when it warms up it seems to somewhat go away, I may have a leak at my exhaust where the pipe meets. Frame was recently powdercoated so maybe the grounds arent getting a solid connection? Also which grounds should I look at? My plug and coil are new and cap is good also. 

Edited by elmore55, February 01, 2015 - 06:24 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 01, 2015 - 07:09 PM

It pops around 1/2 throttle, but when riding it doesnt bog or anything and I dont feel any power loss. Pops on decel also but when it warms up it seems to somewhat go away, I may have a leak at my exhaust where the pipe meets. Frame was recently powdercoated so maybe the grounds arent getting a solid connection? Also which grounds should I look at? My plug and coil are new and cap is good also. 

If you powder coated the frame, you have to clean the coil ground point down to bare metal, and if there is an ECU ground, it too needs to go to bare metal

• elmore55

Posted February 01, 2015 - 07:46 PM

If you powder coated the frame, you have to clean the coil ground point down to bare metal, and if there is an ECU ground, it too needs to go to bare metal

That would probably explain my issue then.. Right? I cant believe I didnt think of that lol. I dont believe there is an ECU ground only a coil one, I am running a full dc battery system also. 

Edited by elmore55, February 01, 2015 - 07:47 PM.

• elmore55

Posted February 01, 2015 - 08:14 PM

Also have the floated stator ground mod.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.