62 replies to this topic
  • ADVRider808

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:18 PM

Ian is out with a fractured leg. Bummer:

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Not so good news for rookie Ian Ganderton, apparently accidentally hit by a car. He's ok, but at the hospital awaiting X-Rays on an injured leg. Unlucky Day 2 after such a promising start for the newbie to Rallying (and offroad riding). Here is hoping he will be cleared to continue tomorrow.

<br />
<br />
Yes my ADDC adventure is over for now. I was going really well today too.<br />
<br />
I was in the last group of bikes for the mass start then stopped to help a rider with 2 litres of fuel 10km before PC2. The first car came past me at about pc2<br />
<br />
I was then caught be quite a few of them. Gawd damn they chop up the sand. Slip faces become really bad. Where possible I tried to stay off the line but sometimes you have to<br />
<br />
Over one steep crest I made a small mistake in the really chopped up slip face but didn't fall. Stopped with front with the front wheel pointing up the slope. Dragged it round in a few seconds and was sitting on the bike about to give it gas when a car popped over the crest and hit me. Pushed me sideways and ran over my right leg. I was lucky. Could have been a lot worse<br />
<br />
My sentinel wasn't on. I'd tried to set it but in all honesty I couldn't remember which button to press. The briefing on Saturday seems like a life time ago. I did pay attention but just couldn't remember. <br />
<br />
Matter of seconds and it wouldn't have happened. I'd have been out of the way<br />
<br />
If I hadn't of stopped to help I wouldn't have been caught by so many cars blah blah blah<br />
<br />
I'm gutted <br />
<br />
My brother has posted this on my facebook and I think it's great<br />
<br />
"No pipe and slippers though. Steve mcqueen once said, "Life is racing, everything else is just waiting". Heal up, and find the next start line."<br />
<br />
fa32722435fdf6541b8cb4fa3ddf6f24.jpg<br />
<br />
<br />
<br/>

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • patrick2wd

Posted March 31, 2015 - 11:53 PM

S***T

that doesnt suppose to happen!

Hope you get well soon IggS!

• patrick2wd

Posted April 19, 2015 - 04:32 AM

any news?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.