Upgrade Noob Help

7 replies to this topic
  • underground-mpyre

Posted January 29, 2015 - 06:29 AM

So I am in the middle of getting my bike(Wr426) ready to blast for Spring. Doing the Hotcam auto-decomp cam and shims for the 426 with a '07 Wr Carb. Which brings me to my noob question.

I already have  the stock Wr header and a YZ exhaust. I am wondering the Pro's & Con's of doing a FMF header and Q4 exhaust and don't really know the benefits other than getting more Hp when I just tractor the trails at my own pace. Is there an benefit other than this or something I should consider while doing my mods?

(Yes, I already did a search and came up with nothing, hence why I am asking)

• stevethe

Posted January 29, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Exhaust from one to another is more just bling and a lighter wallet.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 29, 2015 - 01:51 PM

Spend your money on tires, oil, and suspension.

• underground-mpyre

Posted January 29, 2015 - 03:24 PM

Ah, thank you. I didn't want to spend it if I didn't have to. Upgrades are nice, but didn't think I needed them or benefit from slowly rolling at my learners pace. Thank you for your honesty. I would buy you a beer if you lived closer. LOL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 29, 2015 - 08:19 PM

Now, go buy a FMF repacking kit, drill the rivets in your YZ exhaust, repack it, and screw the end piece back in place of the rivets...

It will run much better with the fresh packing...

• underground-mpyre

Posted January 30, 2015 - 11:54 AM

My buddy said the FMF powerbomb header has a muffler in there to quiet the noise, I can't think it would quiet it that much. I am not going to spend the money regardless to find it lowers it a couple decibels. But that is what he is saying. I am NOT going to buy one, but is there any validity to his statement?

• stevethe

Posted January 30, 2015 - 12:20 PM

My buddy said the FMF powerbomb header has a muffler in there to quiet the noise, I can't think it would quiet it that much. I am not going to spend the money regardless to find it lowers it a couple decibels. But that is what he is saying. I am NOT going to buy one, but is there any validity to his statement?

The power and mega bombs are not mufflers per say. However it would drop the sound by a decibel or two.

You should repack the muffler you have as the packing does get blown out over time. You also get more performance when the packing is not blown out. The exhaust gas goes through the middle of the tube instead of through and around it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 30, 2015 - 06:20 PM

1.5 TO 3DB REDUCTION is all you get.

It add up though...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.