YZ450 cam

3 replies to this topic
  • _Blue_Mule_

Posted February 08, 2004 - 08:45 PM

i was just wondering how ppl like the YZ cam in the WR 450. im thinking of doing it i just dont wanna mess up a good thing

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 09, 2004 - 04:31 AM

I put the YZ cam in about three months ago. As for the performance it really wakes the bike up. It accelerates much faster. In fact I went to a 14/48 because the thing would run through to the rev limiter so quickly and it does give me a bit more top end that way. I ride mostly desert out here and for that it's great. The bike has a lot more snap which to me makes it ride a lot 'lighter' than it is since the front end will come up anytime, any gear. Not that the stock cam is bad. If I rode mostly tight technical woods type terrain I might stick with the WR cam. That's my .02. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 09, 2004 - 11:19 AM

Ditto. I had the YZ450 cam in my bike for a month and went back to the WR cam for woods riding it is better. I was either wheeling like crazy between the turns in the woods or I kept spinning up the rear tire. :D To difficult to ride fast for us mortals in my opinion. I have read where some of the pro arena cross guys put WR cams in their YZ450s. If you want power get it! If you are truely using all the arm ripping power out of your WR450 I applaud you. :)

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 09, 2004 - 08:08 PM

It's really not about top speed but when your dicing with your buddy coming out of a corner in a sand wash it's nice to have that little extra oomph :) All kidding aside for desert riding the YZ cam is way fun even for us mere mortals. Like I said before for technical trail riding I'd probably stick with the WR cam. We'll see how I do when I head for the mountains this summer. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.