Throttle sticking.

2 replies to this topic
  • DunmireD001

Posted January 24, 2015 - 12:35 AM

Had this start happening to me a few times during my last race. But after a 6 mile lap into the single track course, on my second lap, (after the bike was good and hot, I was having issues where my throttle would start stick after holding it in one spot for a while.
It wasn't sticking on my throttle turn, it was down inside the carb. (The slide). All I had to do was blip the throttle a couple times and it would return to idle, but I was wondering if there are any easy methods to resolve a sticky throttle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 24, 2015 - 07:04 AM

Tighten / service / lube / replace your return throttle cable

Pull the slide out and inspect it for debris....the wheels are probably caked up

If you have not done a vent hose re-route (pull the side dual vent hoses one each side of the carb up under the tank and put a filter on them), you are sucking dirt into the carb with each stall....

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, January 24, 2015 - 07:05 AM.

• bobpara

Posted January 26, 2015 - 07:30 AM

I agree with Ka Ranee

If its not in the grip or the cable, pull the thing out and have a look

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.