2014 450 airbox/mesh removal and cleaning

4 replies to this topic
  • jezza426

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:15 PM

Anyone know how to remove the wire mesh that sits under the air filter, its a pretty difficult design, to get a screwdriver in to get to the bottom of the mesh is tricky to say  the least !

• drtrcr400

Posted January 23, 2015 - 04:20 PM

I take the tank off then remove the small cover towards the rear of the air box. From there, removing the cage is easy. I do this as often as necessary to keep the boot/intake clean.

Edited by drtrcr400, January 23, 2015 - 04:22 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jezza426

Posted January 24, 2015 - 02:36 AM

I take the tank off then remove the small cover towards the rear of the air box. From there, removing the cage is easy. I do this as often as necessary to keep the boot/intake clean.

thanks DTR but HOW do you do that ?

• drtrcr400

Posted January 24, 2015 - 06:19 AM

thanks DTR but HOW do you do that ?

I'm confused, are you asking how to remove nuts and bolts? As in you need basic wrenching help? If so I'd start by calling a knowledgeable friend to come help and or reading your manual.

• jezza426

Posted January 24, 2015 - 07:14 AM

fair call.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.