Any advice on how to mount YZ silencer on a WR?

2 replies to this topic
  • Disco

Posted February 08, 2004 - 07:07 PM

If anyone has any guidance on how to mount a YZ426 silencer on my WR426, I'd sure appreciate it.

From what I can see, the upper mounting hole (near the fender) is quite a bit larger than the WR, so I'm going to have to get some sort of rubber bushing and get a longer bolt with a few fender washers.

If anyone can give their two cents worth on this one, it would be good to hear what someone experienced at this would say.

Tks- DD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 08, 2004 - 07:23 PM

You need to buy the YZ rubber grommet (damper) , spacer washer (collar), bolt and washer from the dealer. Part #s:

5BE-14747-00-00 DAMPER, MUFFLER
90201-081R9-00 WASHER, PLATE
90387-0814J-00 COLLAR
95817-08030-00 BOLT, FLANGE

The bolt and washer you can get elsewhere but the collar and damper are dealer only items I think. With these parts in hand it will bolt right up. :)

• Disco

Posted February 09, 2004 - 06:36 PM

Thanks PBDBLUE! I'm on the way to the dealer tomorrow, I appreciate the help!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.