Suspension work in Arizona?

6 replies to this topic
  • Clayman

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:43 PM

I want to have my suspension redone and I was wondering who you fellow Arizonan's would recommend? I heard Piper is pretty good, but have also heard the same of Pro-Action...Any ideas? Anyone else? Thanks!

• F-Pilot

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:19 PM

Hey Clay, long time no see/hear from you.
I would go with Piper, he can make the YZ forks work with or without using the Gold Valves (he rides/races YZs).
I don't have any first hand knowledge about Pro-Action but I have had Blose do most of my Hondas in the past and was happy with his work.
Just thought about MX-Tech also. They got great reviews in the mags and John at PaloVerdeMX is doing their work here.
I guess it IS a tough choice!
BTW, I just sold my 426 and am going to a 250F.
You gonna come race this year?

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: F-Pilot ]

• 668MXer

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:40 PM

I'd reccomend FCR Suspension. He makes his own valve bodies which work great. Pro-Action is good too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clayman

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:58 PM

Hi Bob- Good to hear from you! I have talked to Steve a few times via e-mail and he has talked me into coming back out to race again. Still have the same old problems with the shoulders but if I ride around in last place at least I will be having fun, heck, even with good shoulders I would be there so why not! I am thinking about geting the 400 re-done for now until I can get another YZF or WR 250. Give me a call and lets go riding! Thanks for the info also! :)

• YZ400Court

Posted February 06, 2002 - 10:50 PM

I'd go with Piper. The best thing about shops like Piper is if you don't like the way he valved it, he will make it right.

• F-Pilot

Posted February 06, 2002 - 04:12 PM

So you still have the 400?
Did you sell the 250?
When are you coming down to race?
I won't have a bike for a week or two but it'll be good to see you and catch up on things.

• mat

Posted February 06, 2002 - 04:19 PM

if u dont mind the drive go to dicks racing in vegas, he is the best for desert riding, if thats what u want done

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.