Burning Pants

6 replies to this topic
  • russmitchell

Posted February 08, 2004 - 06:27 PM

Anyone know who makes a heat shield/guard for a FMF power core header for a WR426? I keep buring holes in my pants, it is getting expensive.

• ob1quixote

Posted February 08, 2004 - 06:51 PM

Try ceramic tape header wrap. Costs about $30. You Can touch the pipe with bare skin immediately after a hard ride without skin grafts.

Do not use on titanium headers, it will make them brittle and fail. Some say dont use on steel either, but I have had my XR400 headers wrapped for about 3 yrs, no failure.

Makes the bike run cooler since heat is carried away from the motor, instead of radiating back into head, cylinder and carb from the header.

Robert :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 09, 2004 - 05:36 AM

I used to burn pants up by the knees when I was riding two-strokes (because the pipes were up high.) What part of your pants are you burning? I mean, my boots cover any part of my pants that would even come close to getting near the header... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted February 09, 2004 - 07:27 AM

Anyone know who makes a heat shield/guard for a FMF power core header for a WR426? I keep buring holes in my pants, it is getting expensive.

Here ya go

Posted Image

flatlandracing.com

• wrk24wheel

Posted February 09, 2004 - 01:16 PM

I wish I knew about these before I went and welded up a set myself. I have not burned my pants since putting the old guard on my new head pipe. I would highly recommend these. Flatland racing is a good company with great parts and you take it from me, you can't make them much less than that and that is not including your own time.

• russmitchell

Posted February 09, 2004 - 04:42 PM

I'm buring them down low on my leg from the header.

• holeshot426

Posted February 10, 2004 - 12:43 PM

FMF makes a heat shield for their power bomb header, I saw one on Ebay last week. http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.