What do you guys think 2016 has in store for the crf 250r?

Just what the title says what do you guys think will be updated/changed for the 2016 CRF 250r vs the 2015 model?

Probably just some refinements.

With all the technology in auto engines resently, i'm suprised someone hasn't built a pressure inducted, direct injected, variable cam timed, 4 stroke MX'er that would blow everything else away,  wouldn't be Honda though.

Edited by bucket list

With all the technology in auto engines resently, i'm suprised someone hasn't built a pressure inducted, direct injected, variable cam timed, 4 stroke MX'er that would blow everything else away,  wouldn't be Honda though.

why not honda? What do you mean by pressure inducted? Like a supercharger?

I wonder what changes the next gen hondas are gonna get 

why not honda? What do you mean by pressure inducted? Like a supercharger?

I wonder what changes the next gen hondas are gonna get 

It's just Honda seems to only want to build bikes for the masses, easy to ride reliable, not get into any horsepower races with other manufacters. Was just at the Vancouver MC show and saw that crazy Kawasaki H2-R 1000cc supercharged, 300hp superbike. Don't think Honda would ever go there with the puplic, not that there's any thing wrong with that.

! thing that they could change is the intake port angle the way the port is now they can recast the head and give the port a 7* change with out moving the TB location .they could make some changes to the cam shaft and with the slight change in the port the hp would be right there with the Yamaha .the ktm is king and I have heard that they improved the low and midrange for the upcoming releases . I have made nearly 42 hp up from 37 stock on the Honda with some porting a small cam change and a little compression and t4 fuel and it was done with the stock exhaust Honda could build that same bike for production .

@bucket_list i have seen more kawasakis and suzukis in junk yards than junk itself..... kawasaki builds a great motor hands down really power ful and awesome..... (for the first 34-35hrs) you ride a kawasaki or suzuki with that many hours on them and then jump on a honda with 80 hours and the honda still rides better and is more reliable i litterally saw a brand new kx250f come off the show room floor and out to the track for the first time with a b class rider on it and the cam sprocket spun the cam and pushed the valves down when the piston was coming up and you can tell me the rest on how it ended........ honda wont do the dumb shit that kawasaki or suzuki does because they build what lasts and they build it outright.... they are a company that doesnt care about taking your money to often as kawasaki uses a bunch of shit ass materials vs honda..... some of you all wont know this but some will....... honda takes the time to clear anodize the swingarms as to where kawasaki does not.... kawasaki uses 6061 aluminum honda uses 7075. ano body still see Z-50s or mini trail 50's 70's 90's well i do often any of you all still see kdr kdx 50's jr50's nope not to often its clear honda is the best as next to yamaha there designers are awesome at what they do.... i mean think about this too..... your piston is made up of aluminum if you hit aluminum with a screw driver lightly it still puts a dent in the aluminum... so if your hardened steel transmission in your cowasaki and sucky are flowing there oil from the tranny and clutch particles and transmission shavings to the piston up to the cam and then to the oil filter  how is that good. one shaving rubbing on the sidewall of that piston for less than thirty seconds is so bad that it could destroy the entire motor off of one transmission shaving.... thank god i have multiple hondas and one thats 30yrs old and still going strong.

Austin, i totally agree with you, did i come across that i don't like Honda? I hope not, i own one partly because i know the quality of build.  It's just that the company policy seems to be not to push the limits and try to keep up with the other manufuctures when it comes to bikes for the public, and i'm ok with that now.  When i was chasing wins in the local expert class back in the late 70's , maybe not so much.

I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum would lose a race on a Honda due to "lack of HP"  I equally doubt anyone on this forum will win a race due to an extra 3 or 4 hp in their brand X.

Suspension and handling are far more important than 3 or 4 hp. The rider will win the race not the bike.

Every single rider on this forum could improve their race results and maybe win a few races if they trained hard, learned proper bike set up, took lessons and worked out etc etc.

The bike can win, can you? 

• Like 2

I agree with that too, but if someones real competitive in MX, arenaX, and is ready to plunk down his hard earned 9K, he's going to have to swallow a big humble pill to chose a bike that some magazines, (rightly or wrongly) describe as slow.

Yep, every dirtbiker wants more complexity and higher cost! Sure they do. Especially those who still can't use the full potential of any '95. Yep, the sport will be great when there are about 100 guys worldwide who have the expertise, equipment and $$$$$$$ to maintain/race these wonder bikes.  ?