5 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted February 05, 2002 - 02:41 PM

i was just curious how many people have ordered from sudco and how long it took, i oreded a needle 2 months ago and they still say its on back order for another 2-3weeks,

• HoustonYZF

Posted February 05, 2002 - 03:38 PM

Originally posted by mat:
i was just curious how many people have ordered from sudco and how long it took, i oreded a needle 2 months ago and they still say its on back order for another 2-3weeks,

Sorry to hear that....I ordered two needles for my YZ250F (OCFHP and OCFHN)about two weeks ago, and they were in my mailbox the following week. The guy told me they were out but expecting a shipment any day, I told him to put my name on them...I called back a day later and they were in.

• Hick

Posted February 05, 2002 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, both things I wanted last time I called (~ 2 weeks ago) were on backorder, but the guy said so right up front, and added it could be a month or more, and then gave me Carb Parts' phone number.

I wanted a few needles, ELP and EMP I think, and a few pilot air screws. All on backorder for over a month.

I don't get that, but it seems to be something beyond their immediate control.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted February 05, 2002 - 07:00 PM

Most of the needles that Sudco does not have in stock can be ordered from Yamaha for a few dollars more. The Yamaha needles are a hard coated and more durable (OBxxx) than the brass ones(OCxxx) from Sudco or Carb Parts.

EKQ is P/N 5JG-14916-E1
EKP is P/N 5JG-14916-EP
EKN is P/N 5JG-14916-EN

FKN is P/N 5JG-14916-FN

• jimt_yz400

Posted February 07, 2002 - 08:05 AM

How about the OCFHP needle? What is the Yamaha needle equivalent?

• AngryCandy

Posted February 07, 2002 - 08:36 AM

I've only ordered from Sudco once, but had a great experience. My needle was backordered, but came in within one week. The sales guy called me right away, but I was in the middle of a move and forgot to call back. He tracked me down at the office to let me know the order was ready to ship.

You'd think they would get the clue to stock the more popular needles & jets, but I guess we are a drop in the bucket for their volume of business.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.