ATV bend bars for a tall rider

6 replies to this topic
  • MarkandtheBRP

Posted January 20, 2015 - 05:32 PM

I'm 6'5" and just bought an 03 WR450. Bars are tweaked and need replacement.

I'm looking at getting 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapters, and I'm thinking about what bar bend to try. ATV bars are about 1" taller than high bend bars - 4.5" vs 3.5". Is this a good idea, or crazy? With the adapters, it's almost 5.5" rise. Not exactly ape hangers, but I'm wondering if someone has done this and liked it?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Thousands of posts on the subject of tall rider modifications.

Pro Taper makes a ton of tall bar choices

There are tons of risers.

I use BRP submount and CRHigh + 5/8 bar riser spacer.

• MarkandtheBRP

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:42 PM

Thanks- I'm not sure where to look for the thousands of posts. I've done some searches here but it can be somewhat hard to find the gold nuggets out of the pile of cinder.

The CR high bends look like a start. Appreciate the insight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:46 PM

almost the same height as you.  you dont want pro taper cr high.  you want renthal RC high.  they are about 1" taller than the pro tapers.

• topcop45

Posted January 20, 2015 - 10:03 PM

almost the same height as you. you dont want pro taper cr high. you want renthal RC high. they are about 1" taller than the pro tapers.

+1

• cb0y1

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:33 PM

As far as adapting to 1 1/8 and getting the bars higher, I've had very good luck with rox risers. Then you can push the bars forward some to. You will however need longer control cables. Also cut the tubes on the bottoms of the foot pegs, move them to the top and Change the side the Springs are on.

• DrFeelGood

Posted January 27, 2015 - 10:04 AM

As far as adapting to 1 1/8 and getting the bars higher, I've had very good luck with rox risers. Then you can push the bars forward some to. You will however need longer control cables. Also cut the tubes on the bottoms of the foot pegs, move them to the top and Change the side the Springs are on.

+1

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.