just picked up a 98 yz400f

1 reply to this topic
  • dylan1303

Posted January 18, 2015 - 06:53 PM

top end is thrashed. i cant seem to find a big broe kit for this bike either. i did some researching and from what i understand i could use a 426 jug and a 450 piston to make a new top end? btw i paid 800 for the bike with a full fmf exhaust and nice plastics i think i got a good deal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x_JT_x

Posted January 19, 2015 - 10:46 AM

No, wasn't a good deal where I live. I can pick up one of those any day for 1000 running and every week there's a deal for a nice one for 800. But, if it's a bike you like, and it's nice there's nothing wrong with keeping it for yourself. Problem is if your Piston and jug are roasted that badly you probably need a head, and crank too. Or at least new valves. Got pics of the damage?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.