2008 Yz 450...to keep, or not to keep.

5 replies to this topic
  • Treeyz450

Posted January 18, 2015 - 03:50 PM

I know this is really up to me, but, I just want to know what you guys who have made the move to a newer bike think.
My 450 is in great shape, runs awesome, and I love it. I am a weekend warrior who rides about 70% woods, and 30% track. I might race a few hate scrambles a year for fun. I am getting ready to FINALLY have my suspension set up for me, and buy my exhaust, which is a decent amount of coin.

I have an 08 YZ 450 that is basically stock. It runs great and starts on first or second kick unlike any of my other four stroke MX'ers.

My question is to you guys who have switched from a bike similar to mine to a newer fuel injected bike. Obviously the newer bikes are better due to technology, but I am really wondering if it will be worth it to me because it will involve selling mine(maybe), and spending money on a newer one, then spending money on the accessories that I like to have. Basically just wondering if I should keep mine, have the suspension done and keep on going, or get a newer one if they are that much better.

• Goforaride

Posted January 18, 2015 - 05:13 PM

If your mostly woods riding and have to stay on a yamaha I would wait and see if 2016 produces a 450fx or get the 2015 250fx. I bought a '14 450 and it is an amazing machine. The only problem is that I now ride mostly woods and its not the best option. If you have deep pockets you can adapt it but I would buy a real woods bike or put the money into your '08.

Edited by Goforaride, January 18, 2015 - 05:15 PM.

• Treeyz450

Posted January 18, 2015 - 08:42 PM

If your mostly woods riding and have to stay on a yamaha I would wait and see if 2016 produces a 450fx or get the 2015 250fx. I bought a '14 450 and it is an amazing machine. The only problem is that I now ride mostly woods and its not the best option. If you have deep pockets you can adapt it but I would buy a real woods bike or put the money into your '08.

Man, I just checked out the 250x, and that would be pretty cool if they came out with a 450. I know the 250 has plenty of power for me, but I am a bigger guy at 6'3" 250 so I just like the 450 power.
My pockets aren't that deep, but I might be waiting for the 450 X.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goforaride

Posted January 18, 2015 - 09:24 PM

The x would save a lot of money on mods

• Treeyz450

Posted January 18, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Yes it would, I just watched a vid on here of a new stock 250x, and it sounds like it revs like the MX bikes, which I like. Seems like a pipe and suspension set up for me would be the ticket. I really hope they come out with a 450.
By the way, thanks a lot for your input.
Ride on..............

• Treeyz450

Posted January 19, 2015 - 04:18 PM

TTT

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.