Grips?

11 replies to this topic
  • underground-mpyre

Posted January 17, 2015 - 11:01 AM

I am looking for some big meaty grips for my mitts, so I don't feel like I am choking a toothpick. I have used Oury's before, what is out there other than that? The meatier the better!

• offrd beatr

Posted January 18, 2015 - 07:53 AM

I used to think I liked the big grips better but realized the increased diameter causes arm pump a lot sooner. They are just hard to hang on to. Used Progrip gels on all of my bikes. Can't remember the exact model and I'm not sure if they were even made for dirt bikes but they are super cushy and big.

• underground-mpyre

Posted January 18, 2015 - 08:38 AM

My grips are worn and skinny, just not liking that all my fingers can easily touch my palm with a lot of play in between. I need new ones and will check them out. Some wear out faster than others and some are softer or harder grips. Thanks.

Edited by underground-mpyre, January 18, 2015 - 08:45 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 18, 2015 - 06:25 PM

Protaper Pillowtops

• JMOrides

Posted January 18, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Rental is my favourite by far but I haven't tried protaper pillowtops on any of my bikes

• underground-mpyre

Posted January 19, 2015 - 09:20 AM

I do like the Pillow tops look beefy.

What Renthal's do you suggest JMO?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blt2tuk

Posted January 19, 2015 - 09:36 AM

Odi rouge lock on

• underground-mpyre

Posted January 19, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Both look good, are they durable and last a long time?

• redhurricane

Posted January 19, 2015 - 01:33 PM

spider M1 grips. I prefer them to the protaper pillow top. Standard diameter in my opinion, not larger than what I would consider "stock". Good feel, and I find myself with a relaxed grip and no arm pump.

• slr

Posted January 19, 2015 - 04:32 PM

Renthal Kevlar tapered. Cost A little more but last longer

• JMOrides

Posted January 19, 2015 - 07:27 PM

I do like the Pillow tops look beefy.

What Renthal's do you suggest JMO?

I have the half waffle single compound at the moment and there still going strong but as slr said the kavler will last longer and just as good if not better

• Wristrockit

Posted January 19, 2015 - 07:41 PM

I am looking for some big meaty grips for my mitts, so I don't feel like I am choking a toothpick. I have used Oury's before, what is out there other than that? The meatier the better!

Progrip makes some nice cushy grips. They ain't stylish but they're nice and thick.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.