07-11 Silencer on Steel Frame 05/06?

5 replies to this topic
  • presidio

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:34 PM

Can the 07-11 silencer fit on the steel frame 05/06 bikes?  I have a new to me 2005 with a White Bros E2 exhaust and I'm looking for a nice condition Quiet Stock exhaust.  If they aluminum frame 450 exhausts can swap, that will really open up more options for me.

Thanks in advance for any replies.  I tried to search but didn't find anything. 

• zibbit u2

Posted January 16, 2015 - 09:43 AM

Coles notes answer.. No.

Could you fit it with modifying.. maybe.
Generally you need to stay steel WR/YZ with steel, and alum with alum.

• SlowerthenU

Posted January 21, 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi Presidio
I just did this conversion to my '05.
I was having trouble finding on eBay any good condition stock '05 mufflers and I was able to get a super deal on a 2009 Stainless system.
The header pipe lengths are the same but the muffler side is different. The mount in the mid section that bolts to the frame is in a different location (further back) then the steel frame location. I made a bracket that goes from the lower side panel bolt to it.
This will then bolt up to the rear mount just fine.
The major change comes with the header pipe. It needs to be lengthened 1 1/8" so I went down to a local muffler shop and the guy was nice and welded on a piece that length to the end of the header that fits into the rear muffler section. Make sure you de-burr any extra metal shavings or cut areas.
That's it. just make sure your gaskets are good and bolt it all up.
I'm ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1421876756.593351.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1421876771.310679.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1421876791.365793.jpg Posting some pics that will clarify it.
I don't have a pic of just the header pipe but you can kind of see the weld.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SlowerthenU

Posted January 21, 2015 - 01:49 PM

I haven't noticed any performance difference with the additional inch of header length.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 21, 2015 - 05:07 PM

I've done it in both directions: '07 pipe on a '03, and a '04 pipe on a '07.

It's not a big deal to rig.

• guru

Posted January 23, 2015 - 05:13 PM

I have a very quiet Lexx pipe from a steel frame WR in the Bay Area. Cheeeep.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.