Susp Link on 15?

5 replies to this topic
  • Phil Hannah

Posted January 14, 2015 - 04:28 AM

Have a ride engineering Link on the way. Anyone out there using one on 15?

• YamaLink

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:08 AM

We have a non-oem link on the 15, but it's a YamaLink obviously. Often times it's best to reset sag and slide the fork tubes up a mm or two depending on personal preference and terrain, and how much the aftermarket link differs from the oem link. And be sure to properly torque the bolts upon installation.

• Phil Hannah

Posted January 14, 2015 - 09:59 AM

We have a non-oem link on the 15, but it's a YamaLink obviously. Often times it's best to reset sag and slide the fork tubes up a mm or two depending on personal preference and terrain, and how much the aftermarket link differs from the oem link. And be sure to properly torque the bolts upon installation.

Will do so! Was told by FC lots of guys running them so wanted to give it a try. If it can improve an already great bike worth a try. I usually like my sag towards the relaxed side but not on this bike so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JS264

Posted January 14, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Send it back and get the sub-frame lowered 25mm, unless you like a more slack turning feel.

Chopped sub-frame, 102mm sag and stock link will get that thing handling like a razor.

• flat4

Posted January 15, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Send it back and get the sub-frame lowered 25mm, unless you like a more slack turning feel.

Chopped sub-frame, 102mm sag and stock link will get that thing handling like a razor.

Who do you use for sub-frame lowering?

Edited by flat4, January 15, 2015 - 06:01 PM.

• JS264

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Who do you use for sub-frame lowering?

PM me if you are interested in doing it.  I have CNC machined titanium parts and turned aluminum inserts to do factory style adjustable subframes. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.