Yz450

8 replies to this topic
  • SILVANNAH

Posted January 14, 2015 - 03:58 AM

I have a yz450 dirt bike. I just recently tore the bike down to change the bearing and crank shaft. After assembling the motor I tried to start and everything was fine. Idle and all. When I shift to takeoff u can feel that it is in gear. Only problem was bike didn't want to move. I tried all gears and everything shifts right but will not move. Any suggestions.

• grayracer513

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:34 AM

Sounds like the clutch.  Start by making sure you have 3mm free cable travel at the clutch lever. 

• SILVANNAH

Posted January 14, 2015 - 01:04 PM

Gonna take a look a the clutch today.

• SILVANNAH

Posted January 15, 2015 - 12:48 AM

Anymore suggestions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goforaride

Posted January 15, 2015 - 05:46 AM

Yep. Split the case again. Been there done that!

• SILVANNAH

Posted January 15, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Yep. Split the case again. Been there done that!

split the case but what do I look for. Forgot to mention, when on gear and high rev bike tends to move slowly.

• Goforaride

Posted January 15, 2015 - 02:51 PM

It really sounds like a clutch issue. Maybe your mising a disk. Did you actually pull the clutch apart or did you just check the free play as ?suggested before

• SILVANNAH

Posted January 15, 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just checked on the clutch and I installed it wrong. Two of the clutch were together and two disk were together. So I reset it. Now gonna put everything back. I'll post an update. Thanks for help.

• SILVANNAH

Posted January 15, 2015 - 07:51 PM

Bike is running nice clean and fast. Thanks guys.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.