'02 426

7 replies to this topic
  • lco

Posted February 04, 2002 - 07:29 PM

Going through the end of 10 hour break and noticed a slight ping or high pitched rattle when accelerating at low rpm only. Any Ideas?

• zx7king

Posted February 04, 2002 - 11:38 PM

Sounds like you have the swingarm slider loose as described on Motoman393's website. I had the same rattle and fixed it as he described here: http://www.mx393.cjb.net Go to tech articles and you will see it near the bottom. I used a strip of weather stripping for mine. Worked fine.

-- Charles

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Steve Claus ]

• zx7king

Posted February 04, 2002 - 11:39 PM

sorry, i screwed up the url, try this:

swingarm fix

-- Charles

• lco

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:38 PM

Ahh yes, sure enough, the chain guide seems to be the culprit. Curious as to why it happens to some bikes and not others.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:00 PM

Who knows...but you better fix it before your swingarm gets wear on it! This would be the first thing I would do to a new bike, other than grease the linkage and steering stem! Later,

Garrett

• lco

Posted February 05, 2002 - 07:31 PM

Shouldn't Yamaha cover this fix under the warranty? Wonder if a larger washer would fix the problem.

Motoman if you didn't know, check this message out.

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 2 hours!

• JT1

Posted February 06, 2002 - 06:45 AM

Garret,

How did you get the foam to stay in place on the swingarm fix? I used silicone and after one ride it had moved and was coming off. I was anxious to ride and only let it cure for around 2 hours (maybe this was the problem). Have you had to redo yours????

Also, I made your pilot screw adjuster and it works great......thx.

Jeff

02' 426
Twin walls
E-series
Motomans pilot adj.
2 crashes.....3 rides :)

• zx7king

Posted February 06, 2002 - 08:13 AM

Jeff,

I used self-adheasive weather stripping and it has stayed ever since. Just stuck it to the swingarm.

-- charles

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.