WR426 front brake upgrade

2 replies to this topic
  • DunmireD001

Posted January 13, 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'm looking at upgrading the front brakes on my wr426, and am looking for a setup good enough to easily do stoppies with.

I'm aware that motostrano sells a fancy kit with the steel line, bigger caliper, and master cylinder for a pretty penny!

I seem to recall that there is a cheaper way to accomplish the same thing, but I can't remember the details. I think I heard something about getting a brake assembly from a YFZ450 and bolting that on?

Anyone ever do any upgrades to the front brake setup, or know how to do this for cheaper than $500??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted January 13, 2015 - 01:15 PM

Braking/GYTR 270mm upgrade which is good on the dirt

or

EBC 320mm upgrade for street

but to make it stoppie really easy (like one finger stoppies).. it's gonna cost a penny to upgrade the caliper, master, brake line, rotor, adapter and pads

Edited by zibbit u2, January 13, 2015 - 01:18 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 13, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Moose racing sells a 260mm kit and caliper relocation bracket

Add full sintered EBC pads and you'll be under $200

Motion pro makes a braided brake line: add $70

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, January 13, 2015 - 01:39 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.