chris! jetting!

3 replies to this topic
  • therapture

Posted February 04, 2002 - 04:26 PM

Hey man, I went to a 165 main and a 48 pilot, stock needle setting, and it works like a dream. I even was running a 168 in the 55f weather last weekend and it pulled long and hard...

Best of all, it seems to have eliminated my cool weather fouling issues, so far...

BTW, I am heading to VP this weekend, sure wish some buddies would make it too, I have bad luck there when I don't ride with my homies LOL, so come on out man, looks to be a decent weekend so far...
Fri
Feb 8 Partly Cloudy 68°F 48°F
UV Index: 6 Moderate

Sat
Feb 9 Partly Cloudy 69°F 51°F
UV Index: 6 Moderate

Sun
Feb 10 Partly Cloudy 71°F 57°

(are you listening Loop and mxaddict???)

• oldnbold

Posted February 05, 2002 - 04:22 AM

Thanks Keith, I might give it a try. Honestly, I can't say I am dissatisfied with stock settings. Where in the rpm range did you notice the improvements?

I fouled a plug for the 1st time last weekend when starting and Don is having hell with his '02 fouling. He has gone through 10 plugs in 8 rides.

I had to install a new tank as mine cracked 2 weeks ago.... the POS.

Sat works better for me, how about you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LOOPOUT

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:15 AM

weekend looks good but my parents are comming up sat so if i hit VP it will be sunday... i may run down to Splendora Friday if everything calms down here at work ....or wait & goto VP sunday

• therapture

Posted February 07, 2002 - 05:54 PM

It made a nice difference in the top end pull, before, it would go "flat" and feel dead, and I had to shift sometimes when I did not want to because there was no pull left. It also improved my starting and I have not fouled a plug yet, and I have started it several times in this cool weather we been having...

Next step..BK mod...they say it is wonderful when rejetted like this!

Saturday is the day then! I am bringing along a guy we used to race with, he rides a CR250 and has not found the StrokerNirvana© as we have, so go easy on him! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.