Going back to stock exhaust.. why?

3 replies to this topic
  • sylvaner

Posted January 12, 2015 - 02:57 AM

I have a 2008 WR450F with an aftermarket GYTR exhaust with GYTR jetting.

The airbox mod has been performed on this machine (top of airbox removed for greater airflow) and it has the stock header pipe.

The GYTR exhaust is offensively loud! this thing gives me a headache.

If I place the old exhaust back in (which is practically silent) must I rejet? or it unnecessary because the airbox mod remains?

If I rejet back to stock I am worried I will be lean because of the extra air intake.

• shagger

Posted January 12, 2015 - 03:22 AM

You might be a little rich. Don't worry about it. Ride it and respond to any rich spots with the next leaner jet for the operating range that you find to be too rich.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted January 12, 2015 - 06:13 AM

If it is excessively loud your packing is likely blown out. Re-pack the silencer.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 12, 2015 - 06:29 AM

The GYTR has an optional quiet insert available from FMF.

Re-pack with FMF packing

Stock is so restrictive that it will cause the bike to run very hot.

EARPLUGS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.