starting problem

2 replies to this topic
  • adam080145

Posted January 11, 2015 - 05:50 AM

I recently purchased a wr450 2003, the bike has been sitting for 2 months, been waiting on parts to upgrade the started damper assembley, all that arrived this morning from america so fitted it straight away, anyway the bike turned over and after a few turns it back fired, then it started fine, i did noticed some coolant coming from the weep hole but fiqured this was just because it has sat for a while but maybe may need to replace the seals.

So gave the throttle a quick blip and it cut out, and now it wont re-start, i put some carb cleaner in the fuel about 2 weeks ago thinking the parts were gonna be here the next day but 2 weeks later ive just started it.

Any suggrestions or advice would be good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offrd beatr

Posted January 11, 2015 - 07:37 AM

Rebuild the carb and replace the water pump seals.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 11, 2015 - 07:38 AM

Do not use in-fuel carb  cleaner

You need a R&D remote fuel screw,( so you can adjust the fuel screw remotely) and a new pilot jet (your is clogged or corroded).

When you put in the new pilot jet, if you see any green or white corrosion, pull the carb and clean it and replace all the replaceable rubber parts.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.