Price Check on Aisle 3

5 replies to this topic
  • mjslim

Posted January 10, 2015 - 02:38 PM

I have a friend who wants to buy my 2003 WR450.  Bike is basically stock, but has a Baja Designs dual sport kit with AZ plate, Trailtech computer, Devol skid plate, Cycra CRM handguards, Turntech lithium battery, Ironman sprockets, and the 2004 starter upgrade mod.  Motor runs great and does not burn oil, suspension does not leak, everything in good working order.  After looking at some other older WR450s for sale, I was thinking $2500 would be a fair asking price.  Does this sound reasonable?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 10, 2015 - 04:01 PM

• rah7777777

Posted January 10, 2015 - 05:08 PM

Very good price. If it's pretty clean in good shape I'd bump it a little higher though.

I just paid 3100 for a street legal 2006 that was bone stock with exception of hand guards and triple plate.

But it needed some love. I've dumped an extra 3000 on her and now she's perfect :-)

My point is, unless it's a good friend, go higher :-)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahadude93

Posted January 10, 2015 - 09:47 PM

• YamaLink

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:16 AM

Obviously selling to friends and wanting the best/most for the bike is a tricky situation. I'd start at $2500 and offer to dial the bike in for the first few outings so there's no buyer's remorse.

• mjslim

Posted January 16, 2015 - 12:30 PM

Appreciate the input guys.  It's a done deal at $2500

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.