Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit

66 replies to this topic
  • 5spoke

Posted February 19, 2004 - 06:25 AM

Here is the rough circuit diagram of how I wired my bike. See the rest of the circuit in the manual.
Note: update 2

Circuit diagram
Posted Image

• BigBlueWR

Posted February 19, 2004 - 10:56 AM

5SPOKE,

Linky no worky :).

Image station doesn't allow linking for something?

• mole1

Posted February 19, 2004 - 02:44 PM

right click on the link , copy short cut and paste in the address bar and you will see it , works for me .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigBlueWR

Posted February 19, 2004 - 03:51 PM

Cool. Works now! Thanks.

• Wrbiker

Posted February 22, 2004 - 05:25 AM

anyone got stock wr main wirehardness with the regulator to let go?

• BadlandZ

Posted June 30, 2004 - 08:16 PM

Midnight Moose sells all types of bulbs; LED bulbs
For the tail light, you need a #1157 white. They also offer marker bulbs; #194 LED's

Reguarding LED's with a full Baja Designs kit...

Can someone point to the exact model of LED bulb for the tail light AND licence plate light? Is Midnight Moose the only vendor?

And, what's the marker light? Is that for turn signals? Wouldn't that screw up the flasher module? Doesn't it need a specific resistance?

Also, is there such a thing as an LED headlight that would work?

Since my bike has gone the headlight to DC conversion already, I'd like to go with LEDs on everything I can get away with.

And, finally, is there a good higher power/longer lasting battery avaliable?

• 5spoke

Posted June 30, 2004 - 08:49 PM

Midnight Moose sells all types of bulbs; LED bulbs
For the tail light, you need a #1157 white. They also offer marker bulbs; #194 LED's

Reguarding LED's with a full Baja Designs kit...

Can someone point to the exact model of LED bulb for the tail light AND licence plate light? Is Midnight Moose the only vendor?
Go with the more $ 1157 LED. What lic. plate light bulb do you have now? Just go to MM and match the existing bulb with one on their site. How much money you want to spend is up to you. Usually the more $ the brighter.

And, what's the marker light? Is that for turn signals? Wouldn't that screw up the flasher module? Doesn't it need a specific resistance?
What flasher do you have now and what type are your t.s. bulbs? You could get an electronic flasher from AutoZone for a few bucks that will work if yours doesn't.

Also, is there such a thing as an LED headlight that would work?
Not for your bike.

Since my bike has gone the headlight to DC conversion already, I'd like to go with LEDs on everything I can get away with.

And, finally, is there a good higher power/longer lasting battery avaliable?
Why? Sounds like BD kit is chewing your bat. I haven't had an issue with the stock bat. going dead. Stock bat. should be plenty.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.