2008 YZ450F TPS Sweep Inverted

2 replies to this topic
  • BMcEL

Posted January 08, 2015 - 03:07 PM

I've been having an intermittent misfire at low load and narrowed it down to the throttle position sensor. Misfire is completely resolved when the TPS is disconnected. This is apparently a common issue on these bikes. My problem is, when I put my meter on the TPS, the sensor coil is in spec but the sensor coil variable resistance (or sweep) is inverted. The high and low values are in spec, just inverted. Resistance decreases as you open the throttle instead of increasing like it should. Has anyone ever seen this? My only guess at this point is that the original owner replaced the TPS with the wrong one.

I'm leaving the TPS disconnected for now but I would like to get the 3D ignition mapping back at some point.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2015 - 03:23 PM

What the resistance does depends on which two leads you check.  checking yellow to black it goes up as you open the throttle. Yellow to blue, it goes the other way.

• BMcEL

Posted January 08, 2015 - 04:34 PM

I swear the leads were on yellow & black. I didn't have that many beers. Or maybe I did.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.