Correct Insert for FMF Ti Powercore?

3 replies to this topic
  • FastRC45

Posted January 05, 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hey all, I recently picked up a 2007 450f. It has a Ti Powercore installed, but it's both loud and lacks a spark arrestor. I've had it out at Ocotillo a couple times, but only on weekdays so far. Been hearing lots of talk about stepped up enforcement lately so I want to get legal.
Looking at the FMF website, there are 2 quietcore spark arrestor inserts for the Ti Powercore, but nothing that indicates what the difference is (other than diameter). I emailed FMF a week ago with no reply and I stopped by their truck in the pits at A1, but with the DJ/MC and an autograph session with Miss Somethingorother, couldn't get anyone who knew what an exhaust is to talk to me.

Does anyone know what insert is correct for the Ti Powercore?

Is one just quieter than the other?

Do they come with doublers/rivets, or do I have to order separately?

Any help is appreciated!

• FastRC45

Posted January 06, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Spoke to FMF and several distributors today. While no one seems to have any (even FMF is back ordered), here's what I've found:

FMF 040288 - 1 3/8" insert, 97-ish db

FMF 040630 - 1 1/8" insert, 95db

GYTR 33D-E46C0-T0-00 - same as FMF 040288

Amazon has the GYTR unit in stock, but won't ship to California???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike_dean

Posted January 08, 2015 - 09:54 AM

Got a quiet core insert from rocky mountain m/c fit in my power core just fine and much quieter.

• FastRC45

Posted January 08, 2015 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the reply. I found what I was looking for by calling around. Was looking to find the difference between the 2 different inserts (2-3db), and accidentally found the GYTR part number as damn near everyone in the country is out of stock right now except Amazon , and that's only because they won't ship to California!

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.