Hooking up brake light switch on WR 450 12-15

5 replies to this topic
  • mikenash

Posted January 05, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Who has hooked a brake light switch and where do you connect in to. Thanks I looked for a youtube video with no luck. Anyone with pictures that would be willing to share that would be great Thanks.

Edited by mikenash, January 05, 2015 - 08:01 PM.

• rah7777777

Posted January 06, 2015 - 08:37 AM

On my older bike I just bought the banjo bolt that replaces the bolt right on the master cylinder. It senses enough pressure and closes the circuit.

One lead in is 12v and lead out turns 12v when pressure is sensed.

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted January 06, 2015 - 07:59 PM

The stock taillight has a brake circuit. Use a Banjo style switch in the rear master cyl. Run battery power to one lead then run the other lead to the taillight wire harness plug.
NOTE: Unplug your stock taillight and you'll notice that there are three wires from the light but only two wires on the bike side of the harness. Use that open hole to power your brake light.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobpara

Posted January 07, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Forget the old mechanical spring & plunger style

As a minimum you'll need to braze some tabs on....pain in the arse

Go with a hydraulic switch setup like mentioned above

Baja designs has a hydraulic switch the sell with their dual sport conversion kits

• rah7777777

Posted January 07, 2015 - 01:46 PM

I've tried both banjo hydraulic pressure switched from Rocky Mountain and both worked fine.
Next time I'll just buy the cheaper of the 2.

• mikenash

Posted January 10, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Thank you guys for your help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.