Kx60 swingarm swap to crf70

Ok so here goes guys and gal's I have a 2007 crf70, that I'm building on a budget... While taking some time off of the bigger bikes... My 125 is going into storage and my street bike is being sold, but that's a story for another day. I want to put a kx60 swingarm on it, along with xr80 forks. But have a few questions first and foremost is there a write up or how to on modding the kx60 swinger, I have yet to find a thread and I've searched Google, planet mini, and TT. Secondly could I use an older kx60 swingarm and rear wheel ( the drum brake one) secondly what kind of shock to run I've been looking at the fastace 270mm/260mm shock is this ok or will it chopper it? Thanks for any help!

• 5 months later...

Well I took your guys advice and I kept my eyes open for an x4 swing arm..... Never found one, but what I did find was a nice 1986 kx60 off of flea bay for cheap. Measuring everything up then fit it in.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1435205724.693587.jpg

• 2 months later...

The frame spars on the crf were 120 mm end to end, while the distance in between the mx was only 99 mm. I can't remember exactly but I think I cut around 11.5 mm from each side used the crf70 swing arm bushings since they have an o.d. Of 24mm and I.d. Of 10mm and fit perfect in the kx60 swing arm. Then since I used a 84 swing arm everything just bolted up with the use of spacers (washers).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help it is a fairly straight forward swap, just I'm a wee bit anal about the finite details and I will probably do another that's to my expectations ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441168942.614261.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys sorry I never responded forgot my password for my other account and have not been a contributing member for quite some time. :smashpc:  But yes those are xr80 forks 1981 xr80 forks to be exact, both wheels are stock crf70 wheels.

Are those xr80 forks or no??