Roached

11 replies to this topic
  • cubera

Posted January 02, 2015 - 06:19 PM

Here's some pics of a roached clutch basket, boss, and pressure plate. This is off my WR, a 2013 with around 200 hours on it. Replaced basket with a GYTR and the rest all new OEM. It'll be getting a Magura also since the pull is a wee bit much for me and my clutchaholism.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0017.JPG
  • DSCN0018.JPG
  • DSCN0019.JPG
  • DSCN0020.JPG
  • DSCN0021.JPG

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 02, 2015 - 06:36 PM

That's not bad at all. 

All my clutch baskets look like that.

• offrd beatr

Posted January 02, 2015 - 08:56 PM

I would have put that right back into the bike and put another 200 hours on it.

• fixitandy

Posted January 02, 2015 - 09:08 PM

Here's some pics of a roached clutch basket, boss, and pressure plate. This is off my WR, a 2013 with around 200 hours on it. Replaced basket with a GYTR and the rest all new OEM. It'll be getting a Magura also since the pull is a wee bit much for me and my clutchaholism.

in the 3rd pic (pressure plate) is that a hair line crack you're pointing to?

• cubera

Posted January 03, 2015 - 03:35 AM

in the 3rd pic (pressure plate) is that a hair line crack you're pointing to?

Not a crack I was trying to get a picture of the grooving and scoring. Same as the clutch basket. The clutch was still working but it was chattering up a storm, sometimes impossible to upshift, and occasionally would lurch out of gear at the worse times. All good now but the pull is too much so it's getting a Magura. Might put in a GYTR boss and pressure plate at some point if I can get a deal. My "experimental" WR continues to run great and is reliable as an anvil and I'm only 100 hours past plans for a piston and rings. :devil:  :ride:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 05, 2015 - 07:26 AM

Actually, now that I look at the basket again, it looks like it has been filed down once already.....the fingers are not 'straight' from the basket, and there is a ledge

That alone means time to dump it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobpara

Posted January 05, 2015 - 08:14 AM

That looks like an awful amount of wear for just 200 hours.

Replace 3 of the clutch springs with springs from a WR 250 and your clutch will be like butter & no slip on steep hill or anything

• fdme

Posted January 05, 2015 - 05:41 PM

Mine looks very similar... Id love to upgrade but that gytr stuff is expensive xD
Gotta pay to play though

• Wristrockit

Posted January 05, 2015 - 07:41 PM

That's not bad at all. 

All my clutch baskets look like that.

I was gonna say.................

• bobpara

Posted January 07, 2015 - 09:04 AM

I'm still running original clutch in my '06

I kick it in the bag every time I ride it

I feather the thing all the time

No grooves yet, at least as of late last summer when I put soft springs in

So I can fan it even easier!

Either I am really lucky or you must torture your clutch somehow.

• cubera

Posted January 07, 2015 - 03:30 PM

Actually, now that I look at the basket again, it looks like it has been filed down once already.....the fingers are not 'straight' from the basket, and there is a ledge

That alone means time to dump it.

You are an astute observer.

• cubera

Posted January 07, 2015 - 03:39 PM

I'm still running original clutch in my '06

I kick it in the bag every time I ride it

I feather the thing all the time

No grooves yet, at least as of late last summer when I put soft springs in

So I can fan it even easier!

Either I am really lucky or you must torture your clutch somehow.

I'm a big old fat guy and clutches don't like me at all.  These parts will go for a long time but once they start to go they go fast. I've swapped to the GYTR basket, OEM friction discs and drive plates, OEM boss, pressure plate, and springs. It'll get a GYTR pressure plate next week and now I've got a Magura installed. It's a 1-2 finger pull now. No drag, no fade, no problems. :ride:  :thumbsup:  :devil: Last thing I'm adding is a GYTR pressure plate. Then on to the SS front brake line with a fresh rebuild and new OEM pads.

Edited by cubera, January 07, 2015 - 03:42 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.