acerbis desert tank mounting on a 03 wr450

3 replies to this topic
  • nutjob

Posted December 30, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hi all, just picked up this bike a few months ago and it came with an acerbis desert tank, Id like to put it on but it doesnt look like i have the mounting hardware for it and i cannot seem to find the hardware through google.. can anyone help me with this?

• BajaFool

Posted December 30, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Call Acerbis, 800-659-1440. I had a 2003 WR with an Acerbis big tank, good choice over the other offerings available at the time. Even if they don't have a mounting kit available, they could tell you what hardware to buy. Or, you could just try some bolts and see what fits.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revyrider

Posted December 31, 2014 - 06:48 AM

My Safari tank uses the mounts from the stock tank. You sure you need different hardware?

• nutjob

Posted December 31, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Call Acerbis, 800-659-1440. I had a 2003 WR with an Acerbis big tank, good choice over the other offerings available at the time. Even if they don't have a mounting kit available, they could tell you what hardware to buy. Or, you could just try some bolts and see what fits.

havent had a chance to call em but im thinking that the mount kit comes with the tank only.. found a picture of the kit and im probably just gonna make it since its pretty basic

My Safari tank uses the mounts from the stock tank. You sure you need different hardware?

after seeing the picture i found of the mount kit i realized that im missing the 2 "ears" that bolt onto the bottom of the tank, searched around a bit and found a place to get em, but i might just see about making my own as well as the mount kit..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.