Question for jim-in-so-ore

2 replies to this topic
  • Ward

Posted May 05, 2001 - 12:39 AM

Hi Jim
My I ask what brand of muffler you bought for $50?
Thanks, Ward

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.
'00 Grizzly YFM600

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 09, 2001 - 04:30 AM

I bought a used KTM exc muffler with about 2 hours riding time on it. I had to cut the WR muffler off right where the pipe goes into it and welded on the KTM unit. I also had to creat a new rear muffler mount as the KTM has 2 but neither one lines up.

• Ward

Posted May 10, 2001 - 12:01 AM

Thank you Sir,
I remember that one, I helped find a link with pics for you.

I was asking about your muffle because I had passed up a $50 muffler on Ebay. I thought maybe you had bought it and I wanted to know if I should kick myself for passing it up. I feel better now. Thank you.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.