Carburator

4 replies to this topic
  • Farm dog

Posted December 28, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hi,I'm new I have a 2000 yamaha yz 426 it hasn't ran for two years I cleaned the carb checked the valves ad new gas clean filter and cleaned the carb the low jet was plugged and I cleaned it the bike started with the hot start it was cold it idle good but couldn't rev i have the jet set at two turns played with it up and down nothing change as far as turning on normal it only starts on hot start ,why, please help thanks

• grayracer513

Posted December 29, 2014 - 07:36 AM

Something in the carb still.  Be sure you haven't inverted the vacuum release plate on the slide.  The "square" end with the hole near the edge belongs on the bottom, even though it sort of looks wrong that way. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Farm dog

Posted December 29, 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the reply I never took the slider of I looked in it and it looked good if I use the hot start to start doesn't it means it's starving for air

• grayracer513

Posted December 29, 2014 - 04:03 PM

It could mean that or not.  My '03 450 never liked to start cold unless I cracked the throttle just a smidge; same thing as the cold start, really.

• Farm dog

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:56 PM

I started the bike and hot start and I pulled the choke after so it might be asking for fuel ,the pilot jet I think it's not cleaned all open could that be ,none of my bikes have problems except this 426 I like it I don't want to give up on her she is fast

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.