PLEASE HELP!

9 replies to this topic
  • CoreyMatee

Posted December 27, 2014 - 04:46 AM

Hey guys I lost my motor bike keys this afternoon I own a WR450F 2005 model is there anyway I can by pass the ignition or something I'm suppose to go riding again tomorrow!

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 04:57 AM

Is there a steering lock?

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:03 AM

If not you can bypass the ignition by simply joining the right wires. Remember an ignition is just a switch completing a circuit when on & breaking a circuit when off. Complete the ignition circuit & your good to go. In future have a spare key.. chances are it's a simple lock.. just pick it.

• CoreyMatee

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:10 AM

I don't think it has steering lock when I bought it came with just the one key I should have got a spare but was just lazy, I've never picked a lock before what's the best way

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:27 AM

Small piece of flat metal & a safety pin YouTube that man.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CoreyMatee

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:27 AM

Thanks for your help!

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:30 AM

If you don't have the piece of metal I'd suggest getting a stiff piece of wire and flatten it with a hammer. ( note.. putting a 90 bend in the wire will give you something to hold onto)

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:36 AM

Once you have the tools insert the flat piece into the lock & gently wriggle it while turning the lock with one hand & with the safety pin insert beside the pick & use it to push the lock pins in in the same way as the key would.. it is not hard to pick locks. So if it doesn't work your doing something wrong.. don't force it mess up your ignition.

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:39 AM

Once you get it leave it on until you get a new key. Most locksmiths can make you a key if you take them the lock.

• OZXR04

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:40 AM

Once you have the tools insert the flat piece into the lock & gently wriggle it while turning the lock with one hand & with the safety pin insert beside the pick & use it to push the lock pins in in the same way as the key would.. it is not hard to pick locks. So if it doesn't work your doing something wrong.. don't force it & mess up your ignition.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.