3 12 David Vuillemin YAM 20 5.609 54.875
4 5 Mike LaRocco HON 20 7.522 54.957
5 25 Nathan Ramsey HON 20 9.370 55.045
6 2 Jeremy McGrath YAM 20 14.775 54.536
7 199 Travis Pastrana SUZ 20 24.563 54.985
8 35 Michael Byrne HON 20 35.799 56.357
9 24 Ernesto Fonseca HON 20 38.850 56.515
10 11 Ezra Lusk KAW 20 41.417 55.939

Mc had the holeshot then fade to 6 at the end after epic battle with RonRon, Travis had great start then, crash then get back to 7, The Rock had a bad start.

Resume from Sx live...lol

good night

Dan

• Hick

Posted February 02, 2002 - 09:03 PM

Roncada??

• elroyona426

Posted February 03, 2002 - 06:49 AM

What is up with MC?? I'm just about in tears man...how does the king of supercross go from hero to well 6th in the span of two years. I really don't think he was ready for RC last year but I had figured after all the talk about him getting trained and lean and all that, that he would be rippin it up. Someone help MC

• ben_suhard

Posted February 03, 2002 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, Ron Ron came out of the first corner behind MC, held his place, then when RC went by both of them, Ron Ron pushed MC until he could finally get past.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnhab

Posted February 03, 2002 - 11:47 AM

My personal opinion is that super mac was so fast in the years past that he would go 100% for the first five laps and then go 80% for the rest of the race. He now can not pull away from the pack like he used to and this makes him get anxious and he gets arm pump. He was going to fade someday I am suprised that he has on top for this long. Who remembers the Hannah, Johnson, Stanton days? I would be suprised if he doesn't win at least one.

• Chris_Slade

Posted February 03, 2002 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, he had run at 100% for a short time, no one ever really challenged him, so he could back off. Suddenly, RC gets serious, and forces him to run 100% a full race. This year, EVERYONE has stepped it up. With everyone raising the bar, mcgrath can't go the distance.
He's also 30. Come on, he's finished. LaRocco is a machine, and the exception. I wanna see Vuilleman get the title....I am sick of everyone bashing him. Yeah he's french and all, but hey, he's a darn good rider, he deserves it. I really want LaRocco or Pastrana, or Windham to get the title though. :D Vuillemin simply to shut everyone up. Carmichael still rocks, I just wish he was still on a KX... :)

• hodaphile

Posted February 04, 2002 - 05:29 AM

What awesome racing!!!! Did anyone else notice the line RC was riding the first 5 laps of the main? No one else was there with him. All the high smooth outside lines, railing the big berms and saving up for a later push. While he looked slower, he was actually going farther. Seemed to pay off!

What I thought was most interesting was the treatment that Bubba Stewart received. After he first fall he made an AMAZING push back from last place. He was riding wild, on or over the edge and everyone gave him plenty of room. Then he crashed out again and started to work his way back through. Only this time I think the rest of the guys were a little fed up. He got pushed around a lot more than I think he is used to. He had several close calls where guys had to either back off or risk a collision. Several instances he would jump from behind into someones line. Most of the time the other rider would back down. There is racing and then there is lack of respect for another racers safety. If it keeps up, he better always hope he gets the holeshot and gets out front. Mid-pack can be a nasty place when you have made enemies. All this said, it is probably more age than anything else. RC and Pastrana both had the same issues when they first came up. Plus these kids have an awful lot of pressure to produce right away!

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 06, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Does any body knows Erick Vallejo, i just meet him yesterday here in Laredo. He runs 125's.
I'm going to ask him for a few lessons. :D
I hope that he can make some free time for that. :D
Just wanted to share. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.