WR450F Query

6 replies to this topic
  • n000b3rt

Posted December 25, 2014 - 01:37 AM

WR450F
Since putting an FMF Powercore muffler on the bike, it has become hard to start and backfires slightly. Is this normal or do I need to change the powertune to correct it? If so, what is recommended to change it to?

• AtomicGeo

Posted December 25, 2014 - 05:49 AM

Couple of questions:

1.) Did you remove the air intake snorkle yet?

2.) Did you install the race ECU module?

• guru

Posted December 25, 2014 - 09:46 AM

Assuming it is a FI (2012 and up) model, did you swap out the ECU and is your idle at 2000+/- ? Search for CO settings or starting problems/issues. Many here bumped up CO settings. I'm at 10 with the powercore and that fixed the extremely annoying starting situation. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n000b3rt

Posted December 25, 2014 - 10:58 AM

@AtomicGeo
1) No we didn't remove the snorkel
2) Are they parts of the off road kit for the WRs?
@guru
Thank you heaps, I'll keep you's posted :) thank you to you both

Edited by n000b3rt, December 25, 2014 - 10:58 AM.

• AtomicGeo

Posted December 25, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Remove the snorkle.  Then if you have the programmable ECU, have it programmed or buyt the power tuner to program it.  It's going to be extremely lean otherwise.

• Juman5

Posted December 27, 2014 - 04:57 PM

It will still be lean at idle unless you get your hands on a FI diagnostic Tool and change the A/F mix.

• n000b3rt

Posted December 27, 2014 - 06:12 PM

I think we can do that with the power tune, we're addressing it as we speak, we'll keep you guys posted :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.