KX250F 2013 front end washes out!

hello,

My front end washes out in turns and it's very hard to turn with it and makes me very insecur!

what should i check to try and solve this problem?

front tire is brand new.

Most likely body position problems... Look up some videos on YouTube for a better idea... No amount of parts or tires will fix a problem like that if your bike is set up to your liking

I have a 14 kx250f and my first bike that I have ever got on at the front end washes out too! I put a Bridgestone 403 front tire on and it definitely helped compared to the stock donlop. I just got a 21.5mm offset rider engineer tripple clamp and am about to put it on and ride it it's suppose to help with front end push I heard. Also getting your suspension done helps. The stock springs are for about 165 lb rider factory connection said

Your front end is to stiff? If you want it to turn easier, one simple fix is to raise the tops of the fork tubes in the triple clamp to 7mm or even more (you can later fine tune it). Also you can decrease compression and rebound damping. This improves turning. Also, have you checked the sag? May just need to back off the fork preload. Also, how stiff tight are your forks? Some people like a looser steering head, but I would only change this right now if it is excessively tight.

In fact, have you set everything on your suspension? Is your fork oil the stock height? Try each of the above, one at a time, which doesn't require any major wrenching, then let us know. Remember to go slowly and make only one change at a time so you can see what actually helps, although some dudes will set everything to factory specs first and then start making individual adjustments.

• Like 1

Your front end is to stiff? If you want it to turn easier, one simple fix is to raise the tops of the fork tubes in the triple clamp to 7mm or even more (you can later fine tune it). Also you can decrease compression and rebound damping. This improves turning. Also, have you checked the sag? May just need to back off the fork preload. Also, how stiff tight are your forks? Some people like a looser steering head, but I would only change this right now if it is excessively tight.

In fact, have you set everything on your suspension? Is your fork oil the stock height? Try each of the above, one at a time, which doesn't require any major wrenching, then let us know. Remember to go slowly and make only one change at a time so you can see what actually helps, although some dudes will set everything to factory specs first and then start making individual adjustments.

Best reply so far!

thanks alot!

it's good tips and starting points, I'll start trying them one at a time.

already tried locking and loosining the steering stem and raised my forks.

sag is at 98mm

sould I back out the preload all the way?

Edited by Eli F

DR.billZ made a great point about tire pressure. I tend to assume that everyone checks their TP, but of course that assumption is often wrong.

You can remove all your preload to see what it feels like. Personally I'd go the other way, setting it to factory then backing off a bit at a time until I reached a sweet spot. But nothing wrong with seeing how it feels with preload full in and full out, sort of a suspension muscle memory tutorial.

To get your bike to turn, it needs to sprung for your weight. First thing to do with any bike you get is to find out what springs are on it and what your need and get that setup, then dial your suspension. Once your suspension is dialed, turning will become elementary because it will handle properly. But assuming you already did all that and your suspension has been worked over and dialed, I would say that you need to choose the proper front tire for your dirt. That is where the ubber meets the ground, obviously, if it cant grip it will slip. Assuming you have all the previous covered, then I would say you need to work on technique. Practice, practice, practice. Having the right body position at the right time and being able to stay ahead of the bike is the key to turning it. Go to an MX track and pick out a turn that really is giving you problems, washing out and pushing, and watch some people go through it, and notice their body positions and how they handle when their bike does something funny and try to apply that and practice it in your riding. Take notice their pre and post corner body position.

Some tips that I have to give;

Learn to drag your front brake through the turn, this weights the tire and forces it to grip

Weight the outside peg, this forces the edges of the knobs to grip.

Thats all I got. When all else fails go back to stock everything and change one at a time again.